Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Inner peace

Bismillah.
Salam :)

Recently, I've been thinking of achieving inner peace. I've thought of this since I watch the movie Kung Fu Panda 2 actually, but only recently that I've been reaallly thinking about it.

Master Shifu introducing Po to the concept of 'inner peace'

As a human, have you ever come to a point where you feel like your life is meaningless? or life is too tough that you feel like giving up on everything and commit suicide?

I once felt some kind of thing like that before. During my school days. When I was the problematic student who was always absent at school. Then one day, Allah gave me his 'hidayah', petunjuk, guidance. I suddenly thought a lot of my purpose of living, and of other things my parents have done for me, things teachers have done for me, things that others have done for me.

Who am I? What's my purpose of coming into this world? What am I studying? Why do I study? Why do others want me to study? Why am I doing all these things? Why do I have to? Why do others do things for me? Where, am I going next? What do I exactly want to make me happy eternally?

If you have the answers to all of these, and you reaaaaaally comprehend the meaning behind all the answers, then insya-Allah, you have found inner peace.
If you think you have found the answers, but don't have any kind of 'inner peace' feeling, then there must be something wrong. Something isn't complete within yourself. and therefore, you have to find it.

I think I've found it. But I still really have to comprehend more on the meanings.

but still, now, compared to who I was during my school days, I feel more 'alive' now. Life seems brighter.  Everything seems clear. Really.

I can feel that Allah is always close to me. I can feel that if Allah give me a tough situation, He knows I can handle it. I don't know, but somehow, having found 'inner peace', I think I've become more optimistic.

This inner peace feeling, I can only feel it when I think of Allah, or anything that makes me remind of Him. I feel calmness. It's just as what He have said in the holy Quran;

ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ وَتَطۡمَٮِٕنُّ قُلُوبُهُم بِذِكۡرِ ٱللَّهِ‌ۗ  أَلَا بِذِڪۡرِ ٱللَّهِ تَطۡمَٮِٕنُّ ٱلۡقُلُوبُ (٢٨)Who have believed and whose hearts have rest in the remembrance of Allah. Verily in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest! (28)
(Ar-Ra'ad, 13: 28)

yes. When we remember Allah, we'll feel calmness and peacefulness.
When we are happy, we remember Him, we know He loves us. He blesses us.
When we are sad, we remember Him, we know that He knows that we can go through it.
When we are angry or disappointed, we remember Him, we know that whatever happen, it's up to Him, because He knows what's best.

At least we'll feel a little bit of calmness when we remembers him. Then we can continue with our daily routine, feeling a lot more 'alive'.

of course, as human, sometimes we forget. but, He is the Most Forgiving and Most Merciful. Come to Him as we remember Him. His door of mercy is always open for us, as long as we live, and as long as the sun is still rising from the East :)

Inner peace.
Have you find yours?
If you haven't, go find it. or Let us seek for it!

Inner peace is not easy to be achieved. The journey might be painful and challenging, but you'll be satisfied with the outcome, if you can go through it successfully.

and then, you will have eternal calmness and happiness.
You can go through life much easier and more smooth.
In this world, and in the hereafter, insya-Allah.

and once we have found it, let us keep praying that we'll never lose it.

رَبَّنَا لَا تُزِغۡ قُلُوبَنَا بَعۡدَ إِذۡ هَدَيۡتَنَا وَهَبۡ لَنَا مِن لَّدُنكَ رَحۡمَةً‌ۚ إِنَّكَ أَنتَ ٱلۡوَهَّابُ (٨)
Our Lord! Cause not our hearts to stray after Thou hast guided us, and bestow upon us mercy from Thy Presence. Lo! Thou, only Thou, art the Bestower. (8) 
(Mereka berdoa dengan berkata): Wahai Tuhan kami! Janganlah Engkau memesongkan hati kami sesudah Engkau beri petunjuk kepada kami dan kurniakanlah kepada kami limpah rahmat dari sisiMu; sesungguhnya Engkau jualah Tuhan Yang melimpah-limpah pemberianNya. (8)
(Ali Imran, 3: 8)

Monolog: Rasa cuak bila dengar ada orang yang latarbelakang agamanya bagus, end up murtad. Minta lah dijauhkan..

In a nutshell, from from what I understand, inner peace is the feeling we get when we are close to our God, Allah. Or the feeling we get when we get His hidayah or guidance.
and when we achieve inner peace, we can live happily ever after.

Not all muslims can find inner peace. But mu'mins, Insya-Allah.

The 1st Pillar of Iman: Believe in Allah.
From Allah we came, and to Him we shall return
^that's who we are, and where we'll go next^

----------------------------------------------------

That's all. I hope that anyone reading will get what I want to convey. hoho. If you want to comment and correct me on anything, please do so, properly.

Thank you for reading. May Allah bless us :)

Salam.

No comments:

Post a Comment