Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

My Pre-Wedding

Salam.

I have been wanting to share this! Although 9 months have passed already, but I still want to write here, for the sake of memory. I mean, it's a big milestone. And before another big milestone comes (being a mommy), I should write about this first.


The Preparation
I learned a lot from the preparation of my sister, Piah's wedding, so I kinda knew what to prepare. In February 2017, I started designing the wedding invitation card and buying hantaran. I did those first because I thought I don't wanna be too busy later since the semester will start at February till early June. Looking back, I'm glad I made that decision because that semester was the worst semester I had been through. Was too complicated as I was studying, juggling with personal problem and also doing more preparation.

The wedding invitation card for my side

Alhamdulillah, by May 2017, everything had been decided. The venue, bridal, catering, photography, a part of doorgift had been settled. So the only things left to do after raya were buying doorgift, decoration for hantaran, dress fitting and distributing invitation card. I had started distributing the invitation card since Ramadhan because the wedding is on the final week of Syawal. Alhamdulillah, Allah had ease everything for us.


The Bachelorette Party
Several weeks before the wedding date, my girls (teslian) asked for a meet up. We met on the 14th of July and they brought ballooons! Wuuu, so touched. Thank you girlsss, for making your time (and money) for this.

Bajet malu

Le girlz; Teno, Epaa, Seha


And another one.
This time, Sufi Mikayla (Epaa's lil girl) was still in the tummy. 5 months ea.

 Although the meeting was quiet brief, I had a great time with them. Intan, who couldn't be there kirim salam lol. Then, after saying goodbye to them, I had to buy some food for home. Walked to KFC with those balloons. Very mencapub ya know. Haha. But nonetheless, the cashier girl congratulated me.

Another one was held by my group of best friends since secondary school (a.k.a the bridesmaids). It was on the day before my wedding day. They came to help out (or that's what I thought at first) and at first, since many had been settled, they hadn't got anything to do. Lul. But then, as evening came, suddenly there were things to do so they got to do something. 

Suddenly, Miza brought out a box of doughnuts, brownies and a flower bouquet!

Yummss


Bajet malu 2.0

The girlz ; Nadiah, Athirah, Hamizah.
This time, Liyana had just gone back home and Mina couldn't come because of an urgent family matter.
 Alhamdulillah :) very thankful to them. Look at my tired face. Haha. Tried to have good sleep several days before the wedding but failed miserably. Couldn't get rid of the eyebag, but thank God for makeup!


The Last Minute Preparation
During the final week of my single life, alhamdulillah, my relatives came a lot to help. and as the date got closer, my siblings from afar came too.

Inai Session. I applied this twice: two days before and a day before.
Hasanah and Piah helped me applied it.


The doorgift factory XD

My nephews and nieces with bags of doorgift at the back.

A day before the wedding was Kauthar's birthday!

We also had barbeque! By the brothersss

One thing I like about our family wedding is the family gathering. Everyone is busy helping a lot as there were lots of things to do. Oh, I remembered that that morning, we had a family meeting to finalize the flow of the wedding. Everyone in my siblings had to be in charge of something. They're the committee members. Hehe. I was the director, and appointed my younger sister, Solehah as the floor manager because she's reliable (and also single).

Abah and Mama would be busy on the wedding day as they would be the key persons to entertain the guests (tuan rumah kan). So, my brothers (Suhaib & Ahmad) were in charge of food, my sister Munah on the venue, Hasanah on the cake (because she baked it!), Safiah and husband on the pelamin and the money from guests, Hayat and Nuha on doorgift and Hanaa on kids. Haha. My brother in law, Mahizal was the MC, Suhail was on the technical part and my brother Ahmad recited the doa and selawat with my brothers in law.

That night, my sisters and I slept in the pengantin room and only the next morning we changed the bedsheet. Haha. Massive thanks to Piah for changing and ironing it!

To be continued on next post ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment