Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Day 28; What I've learned in this month


 This post is included in the 30 days challenge


Bismillah.

Salam :)

Alhamdulillah, in this month, October 2011, I have learned a lot of things.

credits to Al jazaari@Tumblr


1. Be patient in reading and gaining knowledge.
Don't be too greedy or eager or curious in learning. You'll learn as you read, study and observe. Finish a book one by one, slowly. Gain a knowledge, chapter by chapter, slowly.
You'll finally get there, when the time comes.

2. Don't put too much expectation on something you don't know.
Accept things as they are. Understand why it is like that, instead of something you expected.

3. Be confident. Believe in yourself.
But moderately. Don't be over-confident. Don't be too demotivated. When you believe in yourself, everything will be fine, insya-Allah. Be positive.

4. Be cool. Don't gelabah.
Relax as things come. Don't be too cuak or gelabah. You are rational when you are relaxed and calm.

5. When to use learned and when to use learnt.
Learned is used after the word 'have'. Learnt is used as a simple past tense. (I got confused with these words after reading the title of this post)
Examples: I have learned a lot of things this month. I learnt a lot of things yesterday.
Correct me if I'm wrong :)

6. You are what you choose to be.
You know what is good and what is bad, now choose. The decision is in your hand :)

7. One must have a stand.
Have a stand. I read a pakcik's comment on Facebook regarding one issue. I forgot what is the issue about but, kind of sensitive kot. the pakcik wrote about some people who are always neutral on siding a party. He got a point there. For how long are you going to stay neutral? In the end, we still have to choose.
but then, when you have a stand, be considerate and temperate too. I learnt this from Sang Pencerah movie. I like the quote, "Kita mesti ada prinsip. Tapi jangan fanatik." which means "We must have a principle. But don't be too fanatic." It made me think a lot.
Sometimes, people are too fanatic of a stand, a principle, a concept, etc that they don't even comprehend it. Too proud of it that they forgot what is it actually about. And sometimes, I'm one of 'them'. astaghfirullah. #muhasabah.

Alhamdulillah for all the things I've learned.

That's all I am sharing for now.
Thanks.
Wassalam :)

No comments:

Post a Comment